absence makes the heart grow fonder
I've been absent from my blogging duties for a few days. You know you missed me, bitches. Don't deny it. You sit there in anticipation of my next post. Shut up, yes you do. I know you do. You suffer withdrawal symptoms worse than one suffers from crack.
Speaking of crack, my daughter is still going at it. I ask her to fart and she farts. If I asked her to fart ten times in a row, she could do it. There's something seriously wrong with her bowels. She now says I should create a farting competition. We should call it Fart Fest 2008 and she assures me she would win the first place prize. A year supply of beans, perhaps?! No no, I think it should be a trophy of a figure in a squatting position with a poof of air coming out of his/her ass. Ahh, perfect.
Anyway...
Since my last post, I have done the usual motherly duties of laundry, helping my son with a school project, chauffering the kids here and there and dealing with a cat ailment. This past week I found out that my eldest cat, Montana, has to have eye surgery to repair a puncture wound that our dog made when he thought it would be a good idea to stick his tooth in the cat's eye and bite down. Cringing yet?!
If you guessed that I have to spend more money, you were right. The surgery will cost more than my new TV set and entertainment stand.
*shakes head*
Most people, even cat owners, don't know that a cat contracts Herpes as it passes through its mother's womb. In most cats, it remains dormant their entire lives. It is usually onset by a severe illness or a period of extreme stress.
When we first moved down here in the summer of '99, my cat developed a urinary tract infection on top of a severe virus. Three weeks after we moved in, we had to evacuate suddenly for Hurricane Floyd. The pressure was on and everyone felt it. The day after we returned home, Montana's left eye was more red than a ripened tomato. Off to the vet he went.
In a month's time, the doctor tried everything, even stitching his eye shut for two weeks. Upon removing the stitches, Montana squinted his eye shut as he had done before the stitches were put in. I was referred to an animal opthamologist who found Herpes lesions in both his eyes (and no, I didn't give it to him, thankyouverymuch!!). Since then, I have taken him to see the doctor religiously in order to try to maintain healthy eyes. Montana has had his good and bad moments. This is one of the real bad ones.
Just a few months ago, Montana had an eye abrasion on his right eye, probably from rough-housing with one of our other cats. When we cleared up that problem and the doctor said "See you in six months." I knew he was jinxing me. Sure enough...This time it's his left eye with a very clear laceration. I won't give you the details but it's kinda' nasty to look at.
Tomorrow morning, he will have a graft put over the wound to help heal it. Clearly, my giving him his eye medications is not enough and it's only getting worse. Frankly, I think the doctor should remove his eye altogether and I only say that because this particular eye has made the poor cat suffer so over the years, it's enough already!
Ah well...another day, another dollar spent. If any of you happen to see a nice-sized cardboard box sturdy enough for me, my two kids and four pets to live in, please reserve it for me. I might need it soon as I'll probably have to sell my house to pay for all this shit!
Speaking of crack, my daughter is still going at it. I ask her to fart and she farts. If I asked her to fart ten times in a row, she could do it. There's something seriously wrong with her bowels. She now says I should create a farting competition. We should call it Fart Fest 2008 and she assures me she would win the first place prize. A year supply of beans, perhaps?! No no, I think it should be a trophy of a figure in a squatting position with a poof of air coming out of his/her ass. Ahh, perfect.
Anyway...
Since my last post, I have done the usual motherly duties of laundry, helping my son with a school project, chauffering the kids here and there and dealing with a cat ailment. This past week I found out that my eldest cat, Montana, has to have eye surgery to repair a puncture wound that our dog made when he thought it would be a good idea to stick his tooth in the cat's eye and bite down. Cringing yet?!
If you guessed that I have to spend more money, you were right. The surgery will cost more than my new TV set and entertainment stand.
*shakes head*
Most people, even cat owners, don't know that a cat contracts Herpes as it passes through its mother's womb. In most cats, it remains dormant their entire lives. It is usually onset by a severe illness or a period of extreme stress.
When we first moved down here in the summer of '99, my cat developed a urinary tract infection on top of a severe virus. Three weeks after we moved in, we had to evacuate suddenly for Hurricane Floyd. The pressure was on and everyone felt it. The day after we returned home, Montana's left eye was more red than a ripened tomato. Off to the vet he went.
In a month's time, the doctor tried everything, even stitching his eye shut for two weeks. Upon removing the stitches, Montana squinted his eye shut as he had done before the stitches were put in. I was referred to an animal opthamologist who found Herpes lesions in both his eyes (and no, I didn't give it to him, thankyouverymuch!!). Since then, I have taken him to see the doctor religiously in order to try to maintain healthy eyes. Montana has had his good and bad moments. This is one of the real bad ones.
Just a few months ago, Montana had an eye abrasion on his right eye, probably from rough-housing with one of our other cats. When we cleared up that problem and the doctor said "See you in six months." I knew he was jinxing me. Sure enough...This time it's his left eye with a very clear laceration. I won't give you the details but it's kinda' nasty to look at.
Tomorrow morning, he will have a graft put over the wound to help heal it. Clearly, my giving him his eye medications is not enough and it's only getting worse. Frankly, I think the doctor should remove his eye altogether and I only say that because this particular eye has made the poor cat suffer so over the years, it's enough already!
Ah well...another day, another dollar spent. If any of you happen to see a nice-sized cardboard box sturdy enough for me, my two kids and four pets to live in, please reserve it for me. I might need it soon as I'll probably have to sell my house to pay for all this shit!



<< Home